Filming can be challenging and you need to be prepared. Below is a list of items that we have ended up needing when filming.
Read Time: 2 minutes
1) When there’s a problem, there’s Gaffer tape
This is an essential tool for all film sets!
- It’s a quick fix for sudden breakages.
- You can use it to make markers on the floor for your actors to use, to get positions just right.
- You can tape down objects like cables so they’re not a trip hazard.
2) Have a ‘behind-the-scenes’ camera
- We love to take behind the scene photos and post them on our social media pages!
3) Safety always, safety first; PPE
- We bring our own PPE kit (Personal Protective Equipment) – safety is really important to us.
4) Lots and lots of extension leads
- This is a must. If you run out of batteries, you have a backup plan!
5) Don’t forget your laptop and card readers
It’s always important to have a laptop on set.
- We can show our clients the footage on a big screen.
- If we run out of space on our SD cards, we can put all the footage on our laptop to make room for more!
6) A 10 pence piece
- Ever struggled to get the tripod plate off the bottom of the camera? These fiddly screws can be a pain, but not anymore! A simple 10p coin solves everything!
7) Extra batteries… plus some more!
- You can never have too many batteries! Film equipment loves to eat them!
8) A handy cleaning kit
- Wet wipes and hand sanitiser, we never know where a shoot might take us!
- Always need a lens cloth to keep our glass sparkling.
9) The trusty old pen and paper
- Note down any ideas that come to mind on set or things that need to be noted for the edit, you don’t want to forget anything!
10) First Aid Kit; Always.
- As said before, safety is really important to us, we always take our kit but never need it.
11) Allen Key
- This little tool is great for tightening up the tripod.
- It’s tiny but essential; we never leave the studio without it.